Please download our Intake form, fill out completely and bring them with you to your scheduled appointment. If you are unable to download or print, please call our office and we will be happy to mail them to you.
Patient Preparation List
Please read the patient preparation instructions carefully and strictly adhere to them. By not following the preparation closely may cause inaccurate assessment
and we will have to reschedule your appointment.
If you have a fever or an illness, including shingles, you need to call and reschedule.
- No use of lotions, creams, powders on day of imaging.
- No food or caffeine 2 hours prior to appointment (coffee, soda or any caffeine-containing beverage, chocolate, tea)
- No shaving or other hair removal the day of your appt: Men – shaving of face,Women - shaving underarms and/or legs
- No use of deodorants or antiperspirants the day of your appt.
- No physical stimulation or treatment of the breasts, chest, neck, or back for 24 hours before your appt.
- Do not participate in massage/chiropractic, acupuncture, TENS, physical therapy or electrical muscle stimulation for 48 hours prior to your appt.
- No exercise 4 hours prior to your appt, (ie: biking) and NO HEAVY upper body lifting 3 days prior. You can go to the gym but do lower body or a treadmill exercise. Pulling muscles in the anterior chest will alter the image results.
- If bathing, it must be no closer than 1 hour before your appt. No hot tubs for 24 hours before appt.
- If you are nursing, please try to nurse as far from 1 1/2 to 2 hours before your appt as possible.
- If you are using pain medications, please avoid taking them for 4 hours prior to your appt. You must consult with the prescribing physician for his or her consent prior to any change in medication use such as this.
Q: Is Breast Thermography FDA approved?
A: Yes. In 1982 Breast Thermal Imaging has been approved as an adjuctive diagnostic breast cancer screening procedure.
Q: Can I have the Thermal Imaging if I’m pregnant?
A: Yes. Thermal Imaging has NO radiation, is non-invasive and no contact with your body with absolutely no risks. There are no injections or fluids to drink. Our full body or localized exams are the safest imaging procedure known.
Q. Can I have Breast Thermal Imaging with my implants?
A. Most definitely. Again, no radiation, but best of all NO compression that could possibly puncture the implants.
Q. Do I have to see a doctor first?
A. No. With thermal Imaging, you can come because your doctor recommends it or because you want to be proactive with your health. No referral is necessary.
Q. Will you work with my current Naturopathic/Physician?
A. Absolutely. You will be given 1 full color report that you can keep for yourself or give to your health care provider. If they have any questions pertaining the report, we will be happy to assist. We respect your choices in how you care for yourself.